The Sunshine Blogger Award is for new Bloggers. I was once nominated when I was a year into blogging. I can’t seem to find the post anymore. It must have gone when I rebranded the blog some four years ago.
This time around, Yinka Adeniyi nominated me again. Even though it might defeat the purpose of The Sunshine Blogger Award, I am still going to accept and answer the questions she asked me because they are very fun.
Usually, the Sunshine Bloggers Award is to foster a strong community amongst (new) Bloggers that have just started blogging so that they feel a sense of belonging and are encouraged to put out more content. So, when you nominate, you nominate someone who is just months or a few years into blogging.
I am however still going to be a part of this. It would be disrespectful to leave Yinka’s questions hanging. Thank you very much for nominating me Yinka and the kind words you have for me and my blog are blessings. Thank you!
The rules of this award are as followed:
- Thank the blogger who nominated you.
- Answer the 11 questions the blogger asked you.
- Nominate new blogs to receive the award and write them 11 new questions.
- List the rules and display the Sunshine Blogger Award in your post.
- Notify the nominees about it by commenting on one of their blog posts
Here are the questions for the nominee (a.k.a me, lol):-
1. If I could visit you in your hometown, where would we go?
I am not proud to say this but I have never been to my hometown before. I guess we wouldn’t ever have to even meet there in the first place. Lol.
2. What is your blog about?
My blog is a Blogging and Women Lifestyle blog. I write blog articles to help new Bloggers and even long-time Bloggers have a smooth blogging ride.
I also have a mix of interesting lifestyle articles to spice up the blog. Some of the major categories on the blog are career, movie reviews, product reviews, life lessons, and personal development.
3. If you could leave everything and move to another country, where would you go?
I have never given this a thought before but now that I have to, I’ll pick Canada.
4. Who inspires you to be better?
My future self
5. What has been your most successful post? Why do you think it was appealing?
How waking up at 5 AM literally changed my life. It has received a total of approximately 400,000 views to date.
A lot of people are constantly searching for how to maximize one of the most important times of the day- mornings. They find it more difficult to accomplish because they can’t seem to wake up early. My post was a no-nonsense, practical and personal approach to this issue. I was clear, honest and helpful.
6. Have you met anyone interesting/famous on your blogging journey? Mention them
No, I have not
7. What do you do in your spare time?
I watch movies, a lot of them.
8. When was the last time you gave someone a gift? And what was it?
I gifted someone who is trying to get their feet back up 20,000 Naira.
9. What is your favorite thing about your blog?
My blog readers. They have been one of the greatest push I need. My blog would be absolutely nothing without them. I am blessed to have feedback and lots of love through the comments section and my emails. Sometimes, they come as far as my Instagram dm. It’s just amazing.
10. How has blogging changed your life?
I have learned the true meaning of the word consistency with blogging. Blogging has given me a sense of dedication to something. I have been blessed to meet people on this journey, they have changed my life in so many other ways that are not even blogging related.
11. If you were a tree, what kind of tree would you be and why?
I have never given that a thought. I guess I would be a Christmas tree.
My Sunshine Blogger Award Nomination
Here are your questions
1. When and why did you start blogging?
2. If you were to change anything about your blog, what would it be?
3. What do you do first thing in the morning?
4. What top 3 things are on your wish list as we speak?
5. Who/what inspires you to be better?
6. How do you deal with mental stress (if you ever have that)?
7. Do you have any blogging goals? What are they?
8. If you were to pick a country to go for a vacation, where would it be?
9. Who do you look up to as a Blogger? Why do you think they are unique?
10. What is your most favorite category on your blog?
11. What can you not do without?