One of the major challenges people have is preparing semo without lumps. Sometimes your semo is set and it’s not smooth at all. There is also the quest to prepare semo like you find in restaurants in the western part of Nigeria.
You may like : how to make the perfect Nigerian puff puff
It’s kinda frustrating in a way because food presentation is as important as taste. Semo that is not smooth can ruin all of your plans in this regard.
In this article, you will learn how to prepare semo and how to prepare semovita without lumps.
Ingredients/materials for smooth semo- semovita ingredients
How to make semovita without lumps
1. Put a pot of water on a cooking stove.
2. Cover the pot and let the water get heated but not to a boiling level/point.
You may also like : how to make golden brown Nigerian egg roll
3 Add semo little by little and then stir continuously till the water looks Milky in colour.
4. Cover the pot and let the mixture boil.
5. Add semo little by little again and stir continuously till you achieve a smooth consistency and your desired texture.
Check out : how to cook the Nigerian party rice
6. Serve hot with any soup of your choice.
N. B: 1. If the semo texture is too thick for you while still preparing it, you can add little water either hot or cold and allow it to boil, then stir again. This time around you don’t have to add any more Semo.
2. Do not make the texture of your semo to be too thick because the more it gets cold, the more it becomes thick/hard.
You can pair your semovita with ila alasepo ajeponula
How to make semovita without lumps video
Backdrop photo credit