I did the big chop about three years ago but I started to use Organics Hair Mayonnaise about a year ago and I tell you, it’s the best thing that has happened to my natural hair. Now, I have very few natural hair products because I go really minimalist when it comes to my natural hair. I pick a selected range of products and I build a routine around them. I am not one to use everything that is trending in the natural hair sector just because it’s trending. All of organics hair products are superb, I must say.
Now, come to think of it, if you use too many products on your natural hair, how do you get to know which one works and which one doesn’t? Some of these things are totally not necessary. My staple products are therefore; shea butter or coconut oil, water and hair mayonnaise. For washing and co-washing, I simply use my shampoo and my hair conditioner, I apply my natural hair products and I am good to go. My favorite routine for my natural hair is the LOC method. You can read all about that by clicking on the highlighted link.
- 1 What does Hair Mayonnaise Do?
- 2 How I Use/ Apply Organics Hair Mayonnaise
- 3 Ingredients of Organics Hair Mayonnaise by Africa’s Best
- 4 Does Organics Hair Mayonnaise make your hair Grow?
- 5 How much is Organics Hair Mayonnaise?
- 6 What I don’t like about Organics Hair Mayonnaise
What does Hair Mayonnaise Do?
Hair Mayonnaise nourishes your natural hair and helps to repair your weak ends and damaged hair. Regular use of hair mayonnaise helps your hair to become softer than it was before you started. No kidding, the change is always very visible. If you actually have a hair texture that is hard and too spongy, a good hair mayonnaise will soften it up and make it more bouncy.
How I Use/ Apply Organics Hair Mayonnaise
I use this in two ways:
- After washing my hair, I apply to my hair and thoroughly massage in. I work it from roots to ends for 15 minutes thereabout. I cover my hair with a shower cap and leave it in for 30 minutes. No more, no less. For extra deep conditioning effect, I wrap a big towel around the shower cap. By the time I pull off the shower cap and the towel, my hair is very warm. You can feel the softness already. All hard hair chains are broken, fam. I wash it off and then style my hair like I want to. I usually do this twice or thrice in a month. There have ben some months that I have been too lazy to do it anyway.
- Can you leave in Organics hair mayonnaise? Well, yes. You can also use it as a leave in or deep conditioner. I use it for normal hair treatment and like a leave-in conditioner. I just apply it to my natural hair and style it. I have come to enjoy this particular method because I love how easy it is for me to style my hair as soon as Organics Hair Mayonnaise is in. Combing and styling used to be a major problem for me in the past but that’s all solved now.
Ingredients of Organics Hair Mayonnaise by Africa’s Best
Aqua (Water), Glycerin, Paraffinum Liquidum (Mineral Oil), Dicetyldimonium Chloride, Polyquaternium-32, Lanolin Oil, Behentrimonium Methosulfate, Olea Europeaea (Olive) Fruit Oil, Cetyl Alcohol, DMDM Hydantoin, Cetearyl Alcohol, Phenyl Trimethicone, Parfum (Fragrance),Dimethicone PEG-8 Laureate, Origanum Vulgare (Oregano) Leaf, Daucus Carota Sativa (Carrot)Seed Oil, Cholesterol, Soluble Collagen, Tocopherol, Ovum (Egg Powder), Panthenol, Carthamus Tinctorius (Safflower) Seed Oil, CI 19140 (Yellow 5), CI 42090 (Blue 1), CI 16035 (Red 40), Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Leaf Extract, Equisetum Hiemale (Horsetail) Extract, Urtica Dioica (Nettle) Extract.
Does Organics Hair Mayonnaise make your hair Grow?
Well, I believe that purpose of hair mayonnaise isn’t necessarily to cause an increase in hair length. It is basically to help repair damaged hair and help supply nutrients to your natural hair. Of course, this can facilitate hair growth in the long run.
How much is Organics Hair Mayonnaise?
When I started to use this product, it was 900 Naira. Now, it costs 1000-1200 Naira and this depends on the store you buy it from. You can also order it from Konga here.
What I don’t like about Organics Hair Mayonnaise
The fact that it contains mineral oil, that’s all. I must tell you, however, that this is much more natural hair psychology than otherwise. I really don’t think it affects the functionality and the way my hair is after use. So, if I were to continue sounding woke like a naturalista, yes, I don’t like it because of the mineral oil. Dhuur.
Have you used organics hair mayonnaise before? Please share your reviews with me. Let me know if you like it as much as I do or you don’t.