Your small chops without Samosa is dead… No jokes!
Imagine there was this plate of small chops served. You picked your puff puff, tasted a little bit of the perfectly sitting roasted chicken, took other bits here and there but lo, samosa was missing. I bet, your disappointment is going to be outta this world.
Just if you are wondering, I have eaten small chops without samosa and trust me, it was very dead. It was at a beach party. I opened up the plate and it was full of oily puff puff. I tried to do a few of them.
There was no samosa to encourage me. What a pack of small chops! If anyone has packaged small chops devoid of samosa, tell them to come read this recipe if the reason they gave you was that they don’t make good samosas.
In this recipe food blog post, you will learn how to make the perfect Nigerian samosa. From the wrap (the dough) to the filling…you are setting yourself for a rewarding and fulfilling small chops experience.
This recipe serves as approximate of 5-6 people.
Ingredients for the samosa wrap/ dough
Flour ( 2 cups)
Salt (1 teaspoon)
Cold water (3 tablespoons)
Diced, unsalted butter
Ingredients for the filling
Minced beef or chicken
Green peas (1 cup)
½ cup spring onion, chopped.
Curry powder – 1 teaspoon
1 sachet Taste Aroma stir-fry cooking sauce
1 tbsp vegetable oil
1 medium onion, diced.
3 cloves of garlic, minced.
How to make samosa
• Mix flour with salt then add butter and mix thoroughly
• Add cold water, mix into a dough, wrap with cling film and place in the fridge for an hour.
• Heat vegetable oil in a wok over medium heat, add diced onion, garlic, stir until translucent then add the minced beef, Taste Aroma stir-fry cooking sauce, stir in and let cook for 2 minutes.
• Add the green peas, spring onion, curry powder, stir and let simmer for a minute and take off the heat.
• Take out the dough from the fridge and let thaw.
• Lightly sprinkle flour on a board and roll out the dough into a thin sheet.
• Cut out into rectangles and roll further into thin sheets.
• Fill one edge of the thin dough with the beef mixture and wrap around the mixture into a cone shape and seal off with egg wash and set aside. Continue with the rest of the dough.
• Carefully drop them in heated vegetable oil and fry for 5 minutes or until it’s golden brown.
• Take out and place on paper towel to drain excess oil.
• Beef samosa ready to serve.
Recipe credit: telandeworld
Click to check their easy samosa recipe video
View this post on Instagram
How to make Samosa Video
Nigerianfoodtv has a very easy samosa recipe video, press play.
Featured Image: Hungry Forever