35 Lessons I picked From War Room (2015 Movie)
This blog post is about war room lessons, Notable Quotes from War Room, War Room prayer for husband, War room prayer app, War room prayer strategy pdf and War room prayer journal
Lessons from War Room
I was finally able to get hold of the movie I had very much anticipated. I decided to extract some lessons from it and make it into a blog post for you. War Room is a movie that every single lady should watch, keep, make reference to every now and then and share with other people.
Also check out: Profound lessons from Geostorm
There have been a lot of criticisms about War Room and its message but fact still remains that not every one will agree with solid values. Christian values are not as popular as values of the world. War room is a power movie nevertheless.
Every scene in War room has a take home message; every character has some attribute we can learn from. Lessons I personally picked from this War room (2015) may be an eye opener for you; they may also spur you into getting this movie for yourself and others around you.
War room lessons
1. “Victories don’t come by accident.” We map out deliberate prayer strategies to win spiritual battles.
2. There is usually a stray woman lurking around your husband; pray for him.
3. Marital conflict disturbs children psychologically. Parents need to be sensitive to the needs of their children emotionally.
4. As a wife, you should always consult your husband before making major family decisions. Even though Tony was unfair to Elizabeth, she should have talked to him before transferring money from the joint account.
5. We all need friends on whose shoulders we can cry on. You should have just this one friend you can confide in.
6. Quality friendship is something to invest in. Tony’s friend was a very good friend; he was really concerned about Tony.
7. Unhappy couples transfer a lot of aggression to people around them.
8. Older women have big responsibilities, including grooming younger women.
9. The Lord knows the future from the beginning. He gave the Williams family only one son because that was probably what she could cope with.
10. We should pray for strategies and opportunities to witness to people.
11. Personal evangelism involves spiritual sensitivity, seize moments and don’t waste time when you are supposed to speak to someone about Christ or at least start a conversation.
12. You can’t serve the Lord in a lukewarm fashion. You can either be hot or cold. God wants us to be hot.
13. Our prayer lives are battle grounds. Investing time in prayer will help us fight wars that we ordinarily can’t physically.
14. “Every couple has some friction now and then.” Backgrounds, personalities and temperaments are not same.
15. Continually quarreling with your husband will get you nowhere. Turn to the Lord instead and fight your battles in prayers.
16. There is always some extra time to pray. Plan your day to include prayer time. Elizabeth assumed she didn’t have much time to pray but guess what? She found out later that she did.
17. Children always wish they are in peaceful homes. Danielle wished she had Jennifer’s kind of parents.
18. An unhappy marriage can affect other areas of living. Peaceful homes are a breeding ground for success in other areas.
19. Too much focus on quarrelling will waste your time and energy. Even your children may never get the attention they need because you are busy channeling energy somewhere else.
20. Complaining isn’t the way out, turning to God is the way out.
21. Quality bible study helps to raise prayer points according to God’s will.
22. Let the Lord handle situations you cannot handle. It takes the stressing and the worrying away.
23. To have a fabulous prayer time with the Lord, put aside every form of distraction: smart phones for example.
24. Watch out so that your career does not replace devotion to your family. It is so easy to be caught up.
25. Never be ashamed of Jesus. He is always present in times of need. Ms.Clara boldly used the name of Jesus to stop the street thief and asked that the police document that she did so.
26. No matter how much you try to conceal it, a disastrous marriage affects other relationships.
27. “Submit to God. Resist the devil and he will flee.”
28. Your joy does not come from things around you. For a Christian, your joy comes from the Lord.
29. Children watch you and walk in your footsteps. Danielle learned to have a prayer list just like her mom had.
30. Your attitude as a woman is enough to soften your husband’s heart. Nagging and trying to change a man drives him further away.
31. Trusting the Lord with your husband goes a very long way. Two are better than one.
32. You can use your smart phone for so many worthy purposes including matters of the Gospel.
33. Do not be selfish about the gospel, spread it, commit people into God’s hands and as that their hearts be receptive to the Good News.
34. Never allow other people to waste their time making the same mistakes you have made.
35. Try to assert your children every now and then. Push them to be the best they can be.
Have you seen the movie? What other lessons did you learn?
Also read : Passengers movie review
Other war room topics you might be interested in
Notable Quotes from War Room
“War has been part of humanity in every age…There always seems to be something to fight for.” – Miss Clara
“Someone has to develop a strategy to combat the enemy.”- Miss Clara
“I shouldn’t fight God because He always wins.” – Miss Clara
“I am His before I am yours. And because I love Jesus I’m staying right here.” -Elizabeth
“I would rather have a man chasing Jesus than a house full of stuff.” – Elizabeth
“The only one who can fight for us, the Lord can offering healing.” – Alex Kendrick
“There are men out there that do love their families.” – T.C. Stallings
“Very few of us know how to fight the right way.”
“Victory doesn’t come by accident.”
“A man wears his pants around his waist.” – Miss Clara
“You attend church occasionally. Is that because your pastor only preaches occasionally?” – Miss Clara
“Just because you argue a lot doesn’t mean you fight well.” – Miss Clara
“Your husband has his own issues but he’s not your enemy.” – Miss Clara
“I’d rather have a good marriage than more money.”- Elizabeth
“People are always leaving Jesus out and that’s why we’re in the mess we’re in.”- Miss Clara
“If you want victory you must first surrender.” – Miss Clara
“Submit to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you. Submit to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you. Submit to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.” – Elizabeth quoting James 4:7
War Room prayer for husband
War room movie has opened the eyes of women to realize that one of the best things they can do for their husbands is pray for them. Instead of having to nag and quarrel unending, you can communicate and go fight the rest in the place of prayer. One of the most important prayers to pray for a man who is not saved is salvation.
Take a look at some War room prayer notes in pictures. You can use these two pictures as a guide to pray for your husband.
War room prayer app
Since War room has gone so long to influence the world, a war room app has been released to help women and people from all over the world to be vibrant in the place of prayers with a lot of prayer ideas. Download the War room prayer app from any android app store. Just search for it on Google play and download, it’s free.
War room prayer strategy/journal
Below are links to other useful war room resources for prayer strategy:
P.S – Please, if you are going to lift or copy and paste this blog post, be sure to add proper credits to my blog. If you have already copied this blog post (35 Lessons I picked From War Room (2015 Movie)) without referencing my blog, please go back and do that now. Thank you very much.
Related: Saworoide (1999)