20 Quotes To Strenghten Your Faith In Goodness
Sometimes life throws some situations at you that make you question your values. You ask yourself if it’s even worth it to be a good person in this world at all. You’ve been in that type of situation right? A scenario where you are faced with a particular difficulty and a quick solution to the problem is to just switch to bad-girl mode, transfer your annoyance to those around and you know, just spoil things.
Maybe your “bestest” friend in the whole world lied against you to your face ( Ouch, that must really hurt in real life… Thank God it’s only an example) and this friend had always called herself your closest friend in the entire world. And you’re like, “Hey Girl! You’re not the only one that can be bad, ya know? Everyone’s got their own craze!” And you just want to flip out your bad girl card and shove it in her face. Like there, feel it! I got craze too..
Really, that would be most women’s reaction. At least “most”. Especially here in Nigeria where we don’t like to take rubbish, at least we claim not to. Or what would you do in that friendship crisis? Hmm?
I noticed something in this life. Ask me what it is? You get the CHOICE TO CHOOSE YOUR REACTION when someone treats you poorly. Yeah.. So it’s totally dependent on you maybe you give a aggressive reaction or keep your cool and react like the wise babe that you are. I mean, you don’t “slay” for nothing. Or do you? There’s got to be a lot of intelligence rolling along with all the “slaying” right? Yeah.
So, you can choose to be a totally good person in this world even when the world around you keeps saying otherwise. There’s more to life than letting someone get to you. They don’t have the power to change you from good to bad. That’s your choice to say. If we were all good in this world, this world would be a much, much better place. Being GOOD is a really precious and important virtue, even though it’s importance is highly underestimated in our world. The little Goodness left in this world is the reason HUMANITY still exists. Really… Or else, we’ll have finished each other off.
So, how do you stay motivated in a situation threatening your KINDNESS STANCE. How do you ensure you don’t let life change that good heart into something very bad.. Well, I figured quotes should help. Not just quotes, powerful, thought provoking, inspiring and strong quotes to help you take your stand.
Below are 20 of them;
1. Do your little bit of good where you are; it’s those little bits of good put together that overwhelm the world. ~Desmond Tutu
2. It is GOOD PEOPLE that MAKE good places.
~ Anna Sewell
3. Goodness is about character- integrity, honesty, kindness, generosity, moral courage and the like. More than anything else, it is about how we treat other people.
~ Dennis Prager
4. There is no greatness where there is no simplicity, goodness and truth.
~ Leo Tolstoy
5. The fragrance of FLOWERS spreads only in the direction of the wind. But the goodness of a person spreads in all directions.
6. Let the first act of every morning be to make the following resolve for the day:
– I shall not fear anyone on earth.
– I shall fear only God.
– I shall not bear ill will towards anyone.
– I shall not submit to injustice from anyone.
– I shall conquer UNTRUTH by TRUTH. And in resisting UNTRUTH, I shall put up with all suffering.
~ Mahatma Gandhi
7. God’s dream is that YOU and I and all of us will realize that we are family, that we are made for togetherness, for goodness, and for compassion.
~ Desmond Tutu
8. It’s important to think good, speak good and do good. If we want to see positive change in the world, then we need to connect to goodness. I try in everything I do, both in business and philanthropy to make a positive change and do that by doing good.
~ Shari Arison
9. Goodness is the only investment that never fails.
~ Henry David Thoreau
10. Human greatness does not lie in wealth or power, but in character and goodness. People are just people, and all people have faults and shortcomings, but all of us are born with a basic goodness.
~ Anne Frank
11. Each person has inside a basic decency and goodness. If he listens to it and acts on it, he is giving a great deal of what it is the world needs most. It is not complicated but it takes courage. It takes courage for a person to listen to his own goodness and act on it.
~ Pablo Casais
12. Treat those who are good with goodness, and also treat those who are not good with goodness. Thus, goodness is attained. Be honest to those who are honest, and be also honest to those who are not honest. Thus honesty is attained.
~ Lao Tzu
13. We are each made for goodness, love and compassion. Our lives are transformed as much as the world is when we live with these truths.
~ Desmond Tutu
14. The higher the sun arises, the less shadow it casts; even so the greater the goodness, the less it covets praise; yet cannot avoid its rewards in honours.
~ Lao Tzu
15. My biggest aspiration is to inspire people to do good. I believe that our wish for a harmonious world begins and ends with doing good. To inspire and empower people to focus on goodness.
~ Shari Arison
16. We are here! We are HERE FOR ALL OF US.
~ Alicia Keys
17. How far that little candle throws its beams!
So shines a good deed in a naughty world.
~ William Shakespeare
18. Look for no rewards in goodness but goodness itself.
19. To be good and do good, is the whole duty of a man comprised in a few words.
~ Abigail Adams
20. By polluting clear water with slime, you will never find good drinking water.
So! There they are. Which one did you love most? My favorite should be number 16. Partly because I love Alicia Keys and partly because that quote radiates TRUTH mehn!
So, all in all, try to be the best version of you possible. Help save the world. Do your part in goodness. IT. IS. WORTH. IT.